I decided to write my poem about mist. When you think of water in general, there are many things that can happen. You have things like fog, mist itself from waterfalls, splashing in the pool, the dew on plants left from the early morning, stean vapor, or the water when it condenses on your cup when you drink something cold. In my poem those are the things that I thought of. Even though all of them are not in any mist form all the time, it is the texture that reminds you of the mist. You can sit next to the fountain near Welch and McKenny Hall and get sprayed by the water. Or you can go to Niagra Falls and get the feel of a real water spray. I also decided to portray the imagery of water so you can picture the water in action and remenise on how it feels if it were to touch you. Those are the things that I try to portray in my poem.
When we read "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird" it was very difficult and confusing. I know for a fact that all the poems I will read will be nothing like "The Cat in the Hat" book with all its special rhyming. I do know that with practice, eventually it won't be that complicated to decipher what the poet is trying to express through his/her poem. But I do think that in all reality, some poets leave majority of their poems up to interpretations. So there is no right nor wrong answer. It does make it difficult for everyone to agree upon what is actually going on within the poem, even though we do not need to agree (it's a creative classroom! make up your own mind!!!). I'm not going to point out any specific ideas, but some where only seen in cetain stanzas which made it hard to believe where the people got there interpretations from. I know that mine were just a bit farfetched as well, so I'm not the one to judge. All the interpretations sounded just about right to me. I enjoy doin interpretations to poems in class. It gets the creative juices flowing in your brain. Hopefully in class we are doing something similar or have another crazy but quite intriguing exercise to do for homework!
really great responses
ReplyDelete