Thursday, October 21, 2010

To After That

I began reading To After That that and Gladman immediately talks about her books. And in the first twenty pages or so, she is talking about her books and what she decides to write in them. She talks of how she wanted to write a novel or novella and be about three pounds in weight. Her first book was not even close to that measurement, but it was okay for her because she would continue to try to accomplish her goal.          
                I was thinking to myself that maybe To After That is about the other book she wrote, After That because of how she talks about it. Even though they sort of have the same title, but it sounds as if the book was written in dedication to After That.
                Her book talks about her constantly writing. Rather it was in her journal or on a few napkins to jot down whatever came to mind. She would just write to her heart’s desire. But now, that she has someone in her life she has to balance work and her personal life in this book. Currently I am at the part where she is discusses her dislike in cell phones and how parts of the After That book is written about people with their cell phones. She also makes a reference between white people and black people and how they hold their phones. Now that she has made this observation, she can see that they are all the same. I am continuing to read this book, but I still have not discovered the reason as to why we are reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment